Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics The WeatherPixie

The ink is not yet dry..........

My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

19 May, 2005

Road Less Traveled

i just wanted to revisit this poem which v read in school....The interpretation at each point of time has a profound impact on me whenever i am placed in a crossroad!!!

(*The Road Not Taken, leaves its readers with many interpretations. In any case however, this poem clearly demonstrates Frost's belief that it is the road that one chooses that makes him the man who he is. And sorry I could not travel both... It is always difficult to make a decision because it is impossible not to wonder about the opportunity cost, what will be missed out on. There is a strong sense of regret before the choice is even made and it lies in the knowledge that in one lifetime, it is impossible to travel down every path. In an attempt to make a decision, the traveler looks down one as far as I could. The road that will be chosen leads to the unknown, as does any choice in life*) AS QUOTED...

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

1 Comments:

At 3:52 am, Blogger Creative Ritual!! said...

cool.. i read the poem once again.. I don't remember when i read it before... but i am sure that i have.. And reading it now really made a difference... The last 2 lines have really made some difference when I read it today on your blog
...."I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."......

and this one too...
..."I doubted if I should ever come back."...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home